Should you go for blinds or drapes? Are venetian blinds a good option, or should you go with pleated blinds? Given the huge array of choices available in roller blinds and shutters, choosing the right window treatment could be a tough choice. Here are some tips to help you alleviate some of that confusion.
Tips to choose the right roller blinds and shutters
When it comes to selecting window treatments, the question you need answer for is what is the purpose of the treatment? Do you need privacy? Or do you need warm light streaming through your windows that is not too strong to damage your furniture? Once you have answered that question, it becomes easier to select the right roller blinds and shutters for your needs.
- Go for a semi-sheer fabric
For windows in living rooms or drawing rooms, which are essentially common areas in your home, opt for a semi-sheer fabric. You usually don’t need a lot of privacy in these areas. A semi-sheer fabric will allow plenty of light through the windows. You could control the amount of light that enters your room by choosing the thickness of the fabric accordingly.
- Use cellular shades for maximum privacy
Bathrooms can be tricky. Ideally, you need light to stream through your windows. At the same time, you do not want anyone to see you from outside. Cellular shades are a type of blind that are perfect for such needs. They don’t block light, and still they are designed in a manner such that no one can see you from outside. You could even get them in a honeycomb design, which will help you trap heat and these are perfect for those chilly winters.
- Automated roller blinds and shutters for convenience
Roller blinds and shutters are great for bedrooms, since they are easy to operate, and provide great privacy. You can take their convenience up a notch by opting for automated roller blinds and shutters. They can be operated at the touch of a button. They have a manual override option for times when the motor goes off, so you don’t need to worry much.
- Use a combination of different materials
Sometimes, you might need the best of both worlds- privacy as well as light. Using a combination of different materials for window treatment is the answer here. Get roller blinds and shutters installed along with a semi sheer material. Use the semi sheer material when you want light, and simply pull the roller blinds down when you want privacy.
How to care for your roller blinds and shutters
Like every other accessory in your home, your blinds and shutters need to be cleaned too. Cleaning your roller blinds and shutters isn’t too hard a task though. Here are some tips to get the job done.
1. You can always vacuum them from time to time to get rid of dust. In fact, the more regular you are with your vacuuming, the less chances of debris collecting on the surface.
2. If you haven’t vacuumed for a long time, it is likely that they have stains on them, or hard to remove dirt. You can use a mild cleaning agent to remove such stains or dirt. Make sure you don’t use a harsh cleaning agent like acid. Acid can damage the surface of your blinds and shutters.
3. Before you use a cleaning agent, take a clean, damp cloth to get rid of dirt. Make sure the cloth is free from lint; otherwise, it can leave scratches on the surface of the blinds.
So, you must go for the quick installations of Roller blinds and shutters at incredibly affordable prices.