You’ve planned to attend a convention to market your small business, but you don’t know how to advertise for it. Following these five tips will help you achieve the desired goals you have in mind while you are there. Don’t neglect to maximize your exposure, doing so can have a major impact on the success of your company.
- Prepare a Speaking Proposal-While it can take quite a bit of prep work to secure an opportunity to speak at a convention, it is by far one of the best ways to advertise your company to convention attendants. Doing so puts you front and center in the minds of the audience willing to listen, and gives you an opportunity to present yourself as an expert. If you’ve spoken at large events before, you can leverage this experience to propel your business forward.
- Make Your Signage is on Par with Convention Rules-When you invest in good signage, you ensure its usefulness by being able to take it to multiple conferences and be featured in conference photos. Poor signage will not get you the desired results that you need. Ask convention officials in advance what type of signage is okay for you to use at the convention, and always make certain that your lighting is perfect.
- Order All Your Necessary Printed Materials-From business cards, to white papers, to brochures, press kits, pens, and even USB ports. Bringing with you some swag with you company name on it is a great way for you to get your name remembered. Make certain that all the materials you purchase are going to be useful to those visiting your booth and avoid senseless content.
- Announce Breaking News About Your Company-At some conventions, media coverage is a very strong possibility. Take the opportunity to plan out any major announcements about your business at the conference. There is real potential that it will be covered by the media outlets there to inform the public. The more opportunities to take to maximize your company’s exposure, the better.
- Use Social Media Before, During, and After the Event-Get a social media management tool that can help you monitor the use of keywords concerning the event and then figure out which ones to use in your social media streams. Tag the event’s social media pages and don’t forget to promote your attendance on your social media. Create live-streaming feeds of the events activities while you’re there, and don’t forget to praise the experience of being there once the event is over.