Getting invited to attend a wedding, especially if you are friends with the bride or groom or both, is definitely something to look forward to. For sure, you would be thinking of what to wear at the event, but it is likely that you would be thinking really hard on what gift to give the soon-to-be-married couple. As the wedding preparations are underway, it is always a great idea to devote time in looking for the best gift to give the couple; it should not only be useful, but it is something that is worth leaving a great impression for them.
But before you decide on the best gift item to give the groom and the bride, it is important that you take note of the following considerations:
· Wedding gifts come with some etiquette. Typically, a wedding gift is given upon responding to the invitation. It is always a great idea to send the gift two weeks before the wedding date and that it should be sent to the bride’s house or her family. If it is not possible (i.e. the wedding has already taken place) then it is entirely okay, but you must send the gift to the newly-wed couple immediately. Also, it is considered rude to bring the gift at the reception, although nowadays, receptions have allotted tables for guests to place their presents.
· If the engaged couple has already provided a list of items that they would prefer as gifts to the wedding guests, it would be worth looking at the registry first to see if a certain item is well within your budget. But then again, purchasing something that is not listed in the registry is totally fine. Always remember that the gifts in the registry are only suggestions.
Now comes the difficult part: finding the best gift for the engaged or newly-wed couple. Of course, there are numerous items you can choose from, and it is up to you to pick which you think is the best depending on your budget. As such, here is a list of some of the best wedding gift ideas to consider:
1. Wine tray. For parties and occasional drinking, a wine tray would be a great gift idea. If you’d like to give the couple something unique, you can look for a slotted tray that is capable of carrying four wine glasses (and the wine bottle).
2. Indoor furniture. Newly-wed couples love to design the interior of their homes, and you can help them in jumpstarting this activity by gifting them new indoor furniture items like tables, chairs, couches, and interior accents.
3. Pest control sprayers. This may seem like an outside-of-the-box gift idea, but it will surely come in handy if you want the newlyweds to enjoy their gardening chores. Pests can make any good garden worse, but if you have good quality pest control sprayers, the newlyweds can say goodbye to pesky pests.
4. Salt and pepper shakers. Often staple items found in tables of every home, these are worth giving the newly-weds, with a lot of quirky designs to choose from.
5. Dinner table tray. Also a staple item found in tables of every home, such a tray can serve a lot of different purposes, including something to place fruits on.
Indeed, taking the time to shop for the wedding gift should not be rushed. Whether or not you rely on the registry, you must follow the rules of etiquette for buying and sending the gift. More importantly, sending the bride and groom a gift is as important as your presence at their life-changing event. In a nutshell, make sure that the gift you will give to the couple, whether a new wine tray or wicker outdoor furniture or anything else, is something they can use and something they can associate with great beginnings as a married couple.