Many people do not like visiting their doctor as they do not want to feel they are wasting their time or, that they are incurring costs which their healthcare may not cover. Equally it can often be scary to visit the doctor as they may confirm what your own research has found; a serious condition.
However, if there is an issue with your health it is essential to obtain professional medical assistance as early as possible. To assist with knowing when you should visit an ear, nose and throat doctor the following list covers the main health problems which would be dealt with by qualified ENT doctors such as New Orleans ENT doctors:
· Any injury to your ear, nose or throat
· Dizziness or a problem with your balance; this is often related to inner ear infections.
· Any loss of hearing; there are numerous causes for this and it should be investigated as early as possible to minimize any long term damage.
· Allergies are often connected with the sinus; as such the ENT should be your first port of call.
· Any facial injury or a birth defect which affects the face or neck can be looked at and dealt with by an ENT. This can include cleft lip or palate, drooping eyelids or even a loss of smell.
· Frequent nose bleeds can be indicative of many different issues and an ear, nose and throat doctor will be able to assist you in finding a diagnosis and resolving the issue.
· Sleep disorders can come in a variety of different guises. Snoring is one of the most common problems. However sometimes it is possible that the snoring can become an issue for either the snorer or their partner. At this point it will be necessary to see an ENT specialist who will be able to offer a variety of treatment methods.
· Sore throats can be indicative of tonsillitis. If you have a sore throat for more than a few days then it is essential to seek specialist help.
· Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This is when you have acid which comes back up your throat and into your mouth, usually after eating. There are a variety of methods available to deal with this and your ENT doctor will be able to advice on the best medication for your particular symptoms and lifestyle.
· Growths anywhere within the ear, nose and throat area, including the neck. Any growth has the potential to be cancerous and should be checked by your doctor. ENT professionals are trained and experienced in dealing with any growth in a sympathetic manner.
There are many other reasons why you would need to see an ear, nose and throat specialist. Should you have anything that concerns you or a change in your health you can either go directly to an ENT professional or visit your general practioner and ask to be referred to a specialist. They will be able to ensure you are seen as quickly as possible and will follow through on any treatment to ensure the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.