Water sports are among the most thrilling, adventurous, and adrenaline-pumping activities one could ever try. You don’t have to be athletic and professional (but if you are, it would definitely help) to enjoy different kinds of water sports.
The thrill and the rush you get from playing particular water sporting activities are something really unique. Aside from these water activities are fun, they are also good for fitness and health. If you train or do any of these activities, you are able to enjoy it without noticing that you are burning calories and working out.
1. Swimming – This very popular water sport can be done in different settings including indoor pool and open water. Swimming is very good for people who are having difficult time with their cardio and breathing. It is also good for muscle development of different body parts including arms, legs, and shoulders.
2. Modern pentathlon – If you want to go a little extreme and to push yourself to the limits, then modern pentathlon is just a perfect choice. In this sporting event, you don’t only swim but also do four more events, which include fencing, pistol shooting, show jumping, and cross country running. Your endurance will really be tested by this sport.
3. Snorkeling – Snorkeling is definitely a fun water activity. All you need is water mask, fins, and a snorkeling gear. This activity is popular among families, water hobbyists, and tourists. This activity is relatively easy to do and can be done by even beginners with the supervision of experienced practitioners.
4. Water aerobics – If you are a fan of aerobics, then you should not find it difficult to fall in love with its water-counterpart. Water aerobics may look complicated at first, but if you get to learn the fundamentals, it could be a lot of fun. This activity improves one’s cardio, endurance, and flexibility. Needless to say, this sport promotes health and fitness.
5. Synchronized swimming – This sport is for people who really want to test their endurance while on water. Synchronized swimming was made popular because of the breath-taking and beautiful synchronization of athletes’ bodies and movements. This sport is no joke as you need to have incredible cardio and physical strength in order to pull out complicated stunts. If you are up for the challenge, start researching about and watching synchronized swimming videos, and start training.
6. Dragon boat racing – If you are into boating or paddling, this sport is just perfect for you. This intense and adrenaline-pumping sport is really good in muscle development, burning calories, endurance, and body strengthening. Dragon boat athletes have the best cardio and endurance because of the rigid and hard training they undergo to.
7. Water polo – It is like polo sport but done underwater. Needless to say, this water sport is difficult but fun as well. The sport is played by two opposing teams and the team with most goals wins the match. While the goal of the game is easy to comprehend, the activities in the game are nowhere easy. You need to have excellent cardio and swimming skills in order to win a game.
If you want to pick up a new hobby, what are you waiting for? Stand up, wear your favorite swimwear and go to an indoor pool or beach nearby and start something new and interesting activity.